We believe that every student should have the opportunity to experience all that YPI has to offer through our summer program regardless of financial status. In an effort to make camp available to every student who is interested, we offer financial aid assistance to those who apply and are eligible. We also offer payment plan options to make paying for camp as manageable as possible for our families. If you would like to apply for financial aid for your child, please click here to find our Financial Aid Application.
All information provided is kept confidential.
Here’s how it works:
- Interested families complete a financial aid application and return it to YPI along with the necessary financial documentation (please see application for examples of documentation.)
- YPI Staff assesses family need and notifies the family of their financial aid status within 2-3 weeks after receiving the application
- Families who are awarded aid must accept or decline the award by July 1st
Important things to remember:
- Our financial aid is offered on a first come, first serve basis.
- In order for your application to be considered complete, you must fill out the form completely and provide the required financial documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Payment plans will be offered to:
- Campers awarded aid, but need to spread out the payments on their remaining balance
- Campers denied aid but need to spread out the cost of the program
- Payment plans will not be offered to families who do not complete and submit the financial aid application.
Care 4 Kids Financial Assistance
We encourage our families to utilize the Care 4 Kids program to assist them in being able to afford our summer program. The goal of Care 4 Kids is to make child care affordable for low to moderate income families in Connecticut. The program is a partnership between the State of Connecticut, the families in our program and YPI (or any other eligible licensed child care providers.) To participate in the program, there are certain eligibility requirements for parents, children and child care providers.
- live in Connecticut;
- be working or attending a temporary family cash assistance (Jobs First) approved education or training activity; and
- meet the program’s income requirements.
- live in Connecticut; and
- be under age 13, or if the child has special needs, be under age 19.
To apply for Care 4 Kids assistance:
- Complete the application: http://www.ctcare4kids.com/files/2012/05/Care-4-Kids-Application-Form.pdf. If you need help, call 1‐888‐214‐5437 or visit www.ctcare4kids.com.
- Fill out the Parent Provider Agreement (PPA) with your child care provider: http://www.ctcare4kids.com/files/2012/05/Care-4-Kids-Parent-Provider-Agreement-Form-PPA.pdf
- Provide all necessary information. Submit a copy of the requested information with your application.
- Include the completed Parent Provider Agreement with your application. Please make sure you sign and date your application and PPA. Applications can be submitted even if you have not picked a child care provider.
- Return the completed forms and necessary information to:
Care 4 Kids
1344 Silas Deane Highway
Rocky Hill, CT 06067