We’re often asked by incoming campers what they should bring to YPI. To help you pack accordingly, we compiled a top 10 list:
- Extra-long bed sheets: The beds in the dorm rooms are slightly longer than most, and do not come with sheets. Bring these sheets to be comfortable all week long!
- A fan: Dorm rooms can get warm during the summer months, so a fan will become an asset to have on hand.
- Comfortable clothes: Be prepared for anything. Swimming in the pool, painting, tie-dye, going for a walk, and rain (although it never rains at YPI!).
- Fun clothes: There is a dance each week on Wednesday, so if you like getting dressed up for that sort of thing be sure to pack some fun clothes.
- Toiletries: Don’t forget the soap, toothpaste, and deodorant. Your fellow campers will thank you!
- A camera: As if you needed a reminder to hold on to these great memories.
- A journal: You may want to capture some of your thoughts and feelings in writing…what better way than journaling?
- Your phone charger: Phones aren’t allowed in classrooms, but they are allowed during free time. If you have a cell phone, don’t forget a way to charge it!
- Sunglasses: Because YPI is full of sunshine.
- A good attitude and open mind: Remember YPI is more than just a camp, it’s a state of find. Come ready to experience new things, explore new skills and meet new people. When you allow yourself to be open at YPI, you get the full, and most impactful experience.
Looking forward to seeing you at YPI this year!
Right-click to download this image and share it with your social networks!