The start of summer is always filled with so much excitement–the much-needed time off and anticipation of the infinite possibilities that await you the next few months.
If you’re looking for a few ways to make this summer the best summer ever, here is our top 10 list to get your creative juices flowing:
- Pick Up a New Hobby: You know that thing you always said, “That would be fun to try”? Why not give it a whirl this summer!
- Build One of Your Creative Skills: Take advantage of the fact that you don’t have to spend your days in the classroom and dedicate those hours to fully focus on developing a passion of yours.
- Set a Reading Goal.. and Stick To It!: You’ll keep your brain sharp and imagination vivid.
- Travel Somewhere New: You don’t have to necessarily leave your home state to see a new place. Just get out there and explore. You never know what you’ll learn.
- Take Up Journaling: A daily analog or digital journal-writing habit is a great way to get to know yourself and is often a great outlet for clearing your thoughts. You might discover something new about yourself through the process.
- Reconnect With an Old Friend: Is there a neighborhood or elementary school friend you miss talking to? Why not reach out?
- Volunteer for Something You’re Passionate About: Volunteering is a great way to discover a new passion, meet new people, and make a positive impact along the way.
- Spend Time Outside: There is something so freeing about nature and its uncanny ability to bring out new, creative thoughts.
- Explore a New Flavor of Ice Cream: This one needs little explanation.
- Come to YPI: You’ll get to check off most of the things on this list just by coming to YPI this summer!
Here’s to one of the best summer’s you’ve yet to experience! Get out there and make it great.